Join GayCities, the fun way to discover the worldSee where your friends and people like you are going and what they say about places and events worldwide.
We bring word from our allies in the Dallas region of Earth that your presence is requested at a meeting of like-minded individuals. We request that you appear in the uniform or traditional dress of your people and bring as many diplomats as possible. With your help, we will convince envoys representing the Guinness Book of World Records of the strength of our numbers.
Commanding Officer: WILLIAM SHATNER
Convenes on Stardate: -310242.2 (also described as 3/30/2013, 10:00:00 a.m.)
Coordinates: N32° 46.4632', W096° 48.013'
Dallas Convention Center
650 South Griffin Street
Dallas, TX 75202
Subspace Frequency: 512-344-5131
I. Surpass 1,040 uniformed representatives in attendance
II. Provide interstellar updates via Twitter
III. Music and games
IV. Win-them-before-you-can-buy-them limited edition Star Trek scratch-off lottery tickets
V. Chances to win Texas Lottery® merchandise
VI. Chance to win $50,000
VII. Chance to win a Star Trek™ Convention Trip Package including:
a. Airfare for two from Dallas, Austin, Houston or San Antonio to Las Vegas
b. Five nights first-class hotel accommodations
c. Round-trip car service between airport and hotel
d. Dinner for two ($500 value)
e. Ticket for two to the Star Trek Convention
f. $1,000 spending money
VIII. There will be no charge to participate, the uniform or traditional dress of your people is your ticket to this event!
On March 30, 2013 the Texas Lottery will attempt to set a Guinness world record by having the most people in Star Trek costumes at one event! To kick-off the new Star Trek scratch-off game, we want you to join us and WILLIAM SHATNER at 10 a.m. at the Dallas Convention Center in your Star Trek costume! We need at least 1,041 attendees in costume to break the record. Share this with fellow fans and follow the Texas Lottery on Facebook and Twitter for updates.
TM & © 2013 CBS Studios Inc. STAR TREK and related marks are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved
Here are the costume guidelines for the event:
1) All participants must be wearing costumes representing characters from the Star Trek universe and extended canon.
2) Characters or alien races that have not appeared in official Star Trek canon releases (including television series, motion pictures, novels and comic books) are not permitted.
3) To qualify, all costumes must be full, head-to-toe representations of the chosen character.
4) All participants must wear the costume for the entirety of the attempt.
5) All participants must be in position simultaneously and remain so for a minimum of 10 minutes.
6) A Star Trek expert must be present to attest to the authenticity of the costumes. Details of this individual’s qualifications must be submitted as part of the evidence.
7) The eligibility of characters and the acceptability of costumes to be considered for the attempt remain at the discretion of Guinness World Records.
Dallas Convention Center
Event on Facebook
Club Los Rieles
701 S Lamar St
1033 Young St
1321 Commerce St
302 S. Houston Street
The Joule, Dallas
1530 Main St